Thursday, May 27, 2010

Try Next Week

Overheard in the Produce Dept. at Valli Foods this afternoon...

Mom: OK, OK, it's Johnny's turn to push the cart this time. THIS is John...YOU are not John...capish?

Miss Cee: [unintelligible murmuring]

John: [smugly smirking; raises eyebrows in an undeniable gloat] Mmmm-hmmmm....

Mom: [distractedly searching for sun-dried tomatoes]--- are you guys getting along?...I need an answer!...John!!! What happened to your nose?

John: What do you mean?

Mom: I mean that little bloody scratch on the bridge of your cute nose...

John: Oh, it's not that bad...

Mom: Where's the Usual Suspect....Cecily? Cecily, come here now!!!

Miss Cee: [sheepishly appearing from around the berry display] Yes, Mommy?

Mom: Did you scratch John again??...Did you scratch his nose right here?...I'm listening, but I'm not hearing you answer!...

Miss Cee: Well, I didn't do it today...

Mom: But you DID it, didn't you??? [glancing at John who is unconvincingly trying to portray nonchalance]

Miss Cee: Well, it's kind of hard to say...because I'm not really scratching him THIS week...

Raising my eyes heavenward in disgust, I spy an older lady trying to refrain from smiling...at least SOMEONE was amused...

1 comment:

  1. You are a nice mommy..I just told the kids I was pushing the cart..and I made them hang on to it as well so I could keep track of them.

    ReplyDelete