Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

What nationally recognized 'holiday' [as opposed to 'holy day'] carries more potentially positive AND negative emotional payload that this day to honor mothers?

Thank you to my mom, who brought me forth and nurtured me, doing better for me than was done for her, and to my mother-in-law, who reared a wonderful husband for me...

If it is true that the most intense blessings also can carry the sharpest pain [and I'm maintaining there's a strong possibilty of that], than Mother's Day is, indeed, the celebration du jour...

I'm thankful not only for my husband, five children, and family-of-origin heritage, but also for the sisters in Christ who held my hand and whose hands I held this morning; the hugs I received and gave; my husband's handkerchief when the tear wells overflowed and wouldn't stop; the empathy of sister-moms' hurting but hopeful hearts...and especially for the promise of Psalm 138:8..."The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me"...

No comments:

Post a Comment