Bon Soir, gentle readers-
Today is the first day of my biannual garage sale...and we are appropriately tired, but our cashbox is noticeably heavier.
I have several "unique" observations about this whole endeavor, but those will have to wait until the energy meter needle is not in the 'red zone.'
Tonight, I will limit myself to Today's Hard-Won Life Lesson:
* Think a few hundred times before allowing any strong-willed offspring to "assist" [and I use the term VERY loosely] at any effort aimed at earning the CHC* (cold hard cash).
Whatever could I mean?
Well, despite "pre-activity encouragement" about proper "sales floor" behavior, the following are a few slice-of-life snippets...freshly baked today-a.k.a. Little Miss Caesar, raw and uncut, all in an embarrassingly too-loud voice:
* "Mommy, look, I think that lady must be a grandma--at LEAST a grandma!"
* "Well, why aren't they even buying anything?!?!" [my restraining hand was extended in the nick of time to halt her pursuit...]
* "Look! Here comes that one lady again-I hope she has her money."
* "Hey! That lady is buying everything--she's selling us out!!! Why is she doing that? That Littlest Pet Shop was supposed to be MINE!"
Well, you get the drift...it is never dull. And, even in the moment, I realize these little quotable quotes will be humorous as soon as the real-time embarrassment has dimmed. Thankfully, some of the older patrons today seemed a bit hard of hearing.
However, that was of no comfort when I turned to see Miss Cee merrily zipping around the garage, piling sale items into a toy shopping cart...and strolling away.