Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweater in ICU!

Bonjour, gentle readers...

Today's post is actually more of a 'condition report', such as I used to give in a previous life when I worked in the Community Relations department of a local hospital here...in that context, newspapaper, TV, and radio reporters would call to get the 'condition' of certain patients who were connected to news stories, and I had to find out if the patient was in 'good', 'critical', or whatever the other condition options were....I kind of think they don't do this anymore, probably for liability reasons...I think all they say now is 'stable'...

Well, today's patient is the handknit sweater over which I've labored these many weeks in my Intermediate Knitting class through the local community college. It has been an excellent class, and I am actually completing a garment (for only the second time in my life!) But, said sweater is now on life support as I have totally messed up my sleeve attachment (see photos);

Cause of injury: insufficient understanding of exactly how to do a Two-Needle Bind-off.

Exacerbated by: spine-chilling panic that my entire garment would immediately unravel at warp speed if I somehow did not arrest this row of vulnerable stitches...

Action taken: desperate attempt to avoid sweater annhilation by means of severely inexpert whip stitching...

Current condition: life support seems to be the only available option, at this point...

Prognosis: Uncertain...

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment