Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Through the French Door Windows....

Bonjour--

I am not finding this blog-to-blog transition to be as smooth as I had hoped [never having been particularly adept at "clean breaks"]. At the moment, I feel like the sad sack who owes mortgages on two houses at once. But I digress...

The following 'mini-slice of life' presumes that you already know the Cast of Characters from their earlier and repeated appearances on the BenHollidayRunner blog. If this is not the case, be informed that Miss Cee (8-going-on-28) and John (12 and sister-weary) are (here's a shock) - siblings [#4 and #5 of 5].

A Typical Kitchen "Kaper"...

Late afternoon. "Dad" enters kitchen with hands on hips and eyebrows raised in a Silent Status Question. An atmosphere of tension reigns...

Miss Cee: "Johnny's not pulling the chairs out fast enough for me to Swiff under the table!"

John: "Well, my job is harder! She just gets to Swiff! How come I never get to be the one who Swiffs?"

[Ed. note: It is rumored that John has already carved out a new demographic niche for himself, as a 12-year-old male who complains that he does not get to Swiff...]

Miss Cee: [matter-of-fact] "That's because, I'M the Swiffer, Johnny."

Plea from Editor: Does anyone else out there have this problem? No, probably not. Time to resort, once again, to The Oven Timer Solution:

"Cecily, you can Swiff until the timer goes off, then it's John's turn...do not, I repeat, do NOT even consider resetting the timer..."

Gentle Readers, consider this an open invitation to submit your Swiffing needs now...any acreage will be considered...we need a tad more distance between the combatants here...

No comments:

Post a Comment